Thursday, April 1, 2010

Who knew Sports Illustrated would challenge me?

I was reading a Peter King articlee on shamed wide receiver Donte Stallworth and it really got me thinking.  Here's a guy that about a year ago killed a guy while driving intoxicated.  All other details aside, that is horrific.  One would be easily justified saying "He's a bad guy." The point of the article was that Stallworth is back in the NFL and seeking to change his life around.  He's been given a seconf chance of sorts and he intends to use it.

I immediately tried to internalize that concept.  A murderer asking for a do over. Then I tried to make it even closer to myself. 

If I claim to love Christ.  If I walk through life saying Christ is my king, but have hatred, disdain or bitterness in my heart; am I doing it right?  I told I need to Love. It's my belief that Jesus came to redeem everyone. Everyone is an all encompassing word.  Who am I to hold judgement on anyone?  Who am I to withhold forgivenes??

This is something I need to get WAY better at.

No comments:

Post a Comment